I was so excited receiving this email from Joanne Farmer yesterday with a fabulous recipe using our Adobo Seasoning. We haven't been ignoring vegetarians, there'll be a few recipes going on soon from us but it's lovely to have one sent in. I'll definitely be trying this one soon.
1 onion, sliced
2 heaped tsp Bite Me Spices Adobo Seasoning
1/4 butternut squash, cut into small chunks
100g fine green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
150g Quorn chicken pieces
500ml veg stock, reserved from squash and beans cooking liquid
2-3 tbsp white wine vinegar
Tomato puree to thicken
2tbsp olive oil
- Place the squash chunks and green beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer with a lid on for about 10 minutes or until softened.
- Drain and reserve the water and place the vegetables in a separate bowl.
- Heat the oil in the same saucepan, add the onions and the Quorn. Stir until coated with oil, then add the Adobo Seasoning. Add a little of the reserved stock to help the Quorn cook (especially if cooking from frozen).
- Once the onions and Quorn have softened, add the vinegar. Cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the rest of the stock, stir and add the vegetables.
- Finally, add enough tomato puree to thicken the sauce, adding a little more stock if needed.
- Serve with rice.